Effective Date: February 01, 2019
Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance, Inc. (“GCEA” or “our”) operates the https://www.kypace.org website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. GCEA uses your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- “Service” shall mean the https://www.kypace.org website operated by Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance, Inc.
- “Personal Data” shall mean data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- “Usage Data” shall mean the data collected automatically either generated using the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Cookies” small mean the small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- “Data Processors” (or Service Providers) shall mean any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. GCEA may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- “Data Subject” (or User) shall mean any living individual who is using the Service and is the subject of Personal Data.•
2. Types of Data Collected
GCEA collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve the Service to you.
Personal Data. While using the Service, GCEA may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, City, State, ZIP/Postal code
- Cookies and Usage Data
GCEA may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from GCEA by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
Usage Data. GCEA may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
- Session Cookies. GCEA may use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. GCEA may use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. GCEA may use Security Cookies for security purposes.
3. Use of Data
GCEA uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to the Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services and events offered by GCEA that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
4. Retention of Data
5. Transfer of Data
6. Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, GCEA may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
7. Legal Requirements
GCEA may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
8. Security of Data
GCEA strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data but cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Service Providers
GCEA may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how the Service is used. These third-parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on behalf of GCEA and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
GCEA may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of the Service.
11. Behavioral Remarketing
Google Ads. Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Facebook. Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interestbased ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
12. Children’s Privacy
GCEA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided Personal Data through the Service, please contact GCEA. If GCEA becomes aware that it has collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, it will take steps to remove that information from its servers.
14. Contact Information